Syllabus:

-Pre class assignments click here.
Spiritual formation: “A Spiritaneous yet intentional detoxing and deconstructing of the ways we have been falsely formed…through sin, self-deceit, ethnocentrism, culture and church culture…,and a rebuilding and remixing of my inner being through deep and often corporate listening to God through prayer, Scripture, community, and quite often through “secular” sources, all towards the end that life of Jesus and the fruit of the Spirit are imparted to me so my gifts can flow as God intended; enabling me to simultanously live within the community of the Trinity and the real world streets of my city…”

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ready for Class?


Hi all! The syllabus will be up soon; but the main info you need to know is: order the textbook, as much of the class will be based around it. It is a classic by Richard Foster, "Celebration of Discipline," and it covers the "classic" disciplines of formation (Order info at right)..Here below is video of our textbook author summarizing the "Simplicity" chapter.

You may also want to read an interview with me that Len Hjalmarson did with me a few years ago about my personal spiritual disciplines/formation. It is here.
Be thinking how you would answer his questions.

Oh, regarding the photo of me: Yeah, I know I am standing in front of the "Y" (:

See you soon~!


No comments:

Post a Comment